Re: elib -> emacs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: elib -> emacs
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 09:28:24 -0400

    I cannot see (judging from current postings rather than actually
    looking at the code) that adding elib as a separate entity is going to
    help consolidating this situation.  It very much sounds like the way
    to go about this would be to check whether we can get papers for it,
    and if we can, break it down for reusable pieces that we pull into
    subr.el and the Elisp manual.

We do have papers for Elib, and that's pretty much the way I think we
should handle it.  (I don't think it all has to go into subr.el.)