Re: Babylon crashes Emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Babylon crashes Emacs
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 16:42:42 +0300

> Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 15:24:44 +0200
> From: "Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> On 6/23/07, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > The backtrace produced by DrMinGW (attached below) seems to indicate
> > that we get a WM_PAINT message that we somehow cannot grok(?).  Is it
> > possible that Babylon sends us WM_PAINT so that we draw some part of
> > our screen in a DC that isn't ours?
>
> I get this backtrace.

Thanks.  I'm no longer sure that my assumption about WM_PAINT was
correct.  I don't have Babylon where I'm typing this, so how about if
you try to see what message(s) Babylon sends us?  For example, using
Winspector (http://www.windows-spy.com/).

> (BTW, how do you set drmingw to get such detailed backtrace?)

I don't see that my backtrace is more detailed than yours.  Note that
in your case we are deep inside system DLLs, where debug info is not
available.  For our functions, you get all the arguments and the
current line, AFAICS.  Am I missing something?

Anyway, the only gotcha with DrMinGW I know of is that the program
must be built with -gstabs, as it seems not to support DWARF-2 right
now.