RE: A wish, a plea

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: A wish, a plea
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 18:17:59 -0700

> >> confirm-kill-emacs is a variable defined in `files.el'
> >
> > You're right. Thanks, I forgot about that option. (I use Emacs
> > 20 most of the time - no such option.)
>
> Considering the amount of proposals you make for Emacs 22+, maybe you
> should actually use a more recent Emacs regularly: it might help
> focusing on relevant issues.

Maybe you shouldn't worry about what I choose to use, and judge my
contributions on their technical merits. Maybe you should provide concrete
arguments to back up your insinuation that I need help focusing on relevant
issues.

FYI, my contributions to this thread were 100% relevant, regardless of my
having forgotten about that user option:

1. I proposed a new `visit-on-startup' option for startup, which covers all
of the behaviors discussed so far. I proposed that the default value be
`~/'.

2. I mentioned that a better solution (than bindings such as `C-x C-c C-x')
to the accidental exit problem is to use a confirmation message for
`save-buffers-kill-emacs'.

How to implement that solution is secondary to the discussion. I use an
implementation that works on multiple Emacs versions because I use multiple
versions and I write code for multiple versions. Emacs 22+ can use
`confirm-kill-emacs'.

Maybe _you_ should focus on relevant issues instead of caustic, unsolicited
personal advice.

(BTW, it's "number" of proposals, not "amount" of proposals.)