Re: Feature request: new function start-remote-process

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Feature request: new function start-remote-process
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 20:57:59 +0200

>     > But...how is it possible to do run a program on a remote host?
>     > In general, there is no way, right?
>
>     Why not? Tramp must call programs on a remote host permanently.
>
> But often ftp is the only way to access the other host.

For ftp, this approach won't work, of course. But this is no degradation
to the current situation.

And according to my experience, ftp availability decreases. Because of
security considerations, ftp is disabled on server machines, and ssh/scp
are the preferred access methods. (I'm working in the Network Management
area for a telecom supplier)

start-remote-process would gain a clientele.

Best regards, Michael.