Re: mouse cursor on modeline

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: mouse cursor on modeline
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 16:40:14 -0400

I have been looking at this patch, and I wonder whether ELT
is the right thing to use here:

+               for (i = 0; i < nwritten; ++i)
+                   glyph[i].object = elt;
+                   glyph[i].charpos = charpos;
+               n += nwritten;

Is that right in all cases, for each of the possible types of ELT?

If it is right in each case, then you need a comment to explain,
for each type, why this code is correct.

Aside from that, I have a feeling that the code could be written
more simply.