Re: Patch to change mouse binding for html view in gnus

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Patch to change mouse binding for html view in gnus
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 11:19:13 -0600

>> I'm afraid I'm not a w3m expert (or a gnus expert for that matter :-).
>> If this is what you would prefer I am happy to send a new patch.
>> Just let me know.

Katsumi> I recalled I wrote the same suggestion to you last month. ;-)
Katsumi> See: http://news.gmane.org/group/gmane.emacs.w3m/thread=6852

Sorry, I misunderstood that message.  I didn't realize that
w3m-goto-article-function was solely for this purpose -- I thought it
was more generic, and thus needed to be set buffer-local.

Katsumi> Though I don't represent a majority (because I am a member of
Katsumi> the emacs-w3m team), I am satisfied with the nil value of this
Katsumi> variable.  I've set `w3m-make-new-session' to t in order to make
Katsumi> emacs-w3m pop a new tab up when Gnus (or other) requires to
Katsumi> visit a web page.  There is no much case for which I want to use
Katsumi> an external browser.  In such a case, I will type `M' in the
Katsumi> emacs-w3m buffer.  Anyway, I don't think it is necessary to set
Katsumi> it to a certain value in Gnus.

The reason I think this patch is needed is that I've already
configured Emacs to visit URLs the way I like.  I was surprised to
find that I had to make another modification, in a different and more
obscure (w3m-goto-article-function is not customizable) place to get
the effect I want.

If you do all your browsing in Emacs then you probably already have
browse-url-browser-function set as you like...

Tom