Re: option to let isearch select the search target (in transient mark mo

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: option to let isearch select the search target (in transient mark mode)
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 23:03:31 +0200

terminate the search with this option.  Thinking about this, I realize
that I would get almost all the utility of this idea with just one command
added to isearch which meant "exit and move point to start of match",

Isn't that what isearch does already? When exiting a successful
isearch with RET it says in the echo area:

 Mark saved where search started

And I can use this to delete the region or kill it or whatever.