RE: patch for buff-menu.el enhancements

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: patch for buff-menu.el enhancements
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 14:56:37 -0700

> > For those who use Windows Explorer, you will recognize this
> > click-column-header sorting; you probably use it many times a
> > day. IMO, it is one of the most useful features of Windows
> > Explorer. I think we should do the same thing for Dired.
>
> Speaking of sorting in Dired, I really like this simple hack,
> which I use many times per day...
> ;;; inspired by Francis J. Wright's dired-sort-menu.el

And speaking of FJW's dired-sort-menu.el, I was going to propose that we add
that as well ;-)  I use it all the time. (I have some minor tweaks of that
too: http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/dired-sort-menu%2b.el.)

It's good to have both keyboard bindings and a sort menu, IMO. The menu
includes many sort possibilities, far more than one would like to remember
keys for. Attached is a screenshot of most of the menu, FYI.