Re: Syncing Gnus and Emacs repositories

From: Daiki Ueno
Subject: Re: Syncing Gnus and Emacs repositories
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 07:47:06 +0900

> Leo <address@hidden> writes:
> >> Indeed I (the author) did abandoned pgg*.el, and the Gnus trunk does
> >> not use them by default.
> >
> > If it is possible, let's just move to easypg, of which Daiki is also the
> > author.

> That can happen later.  For now let's just do the simple and
> straight-forward thing.

Perhaps.  However, it might be better to include EasyPG before synching
Gnus, because it has been the default PGP backend of the Gnus trunk for
one year and has been tested.  If we revert the pgg*.el, we will need to
wait a while for testing.

I also recalled a private conversation with Richard,

>     By the way, I'll propose addition of EasyPG http://www.easypg.org to
>     Emacs, after the release.  It is an all-in-one GnuPG interface and
>     hopefully a better replacement of mailcrypt, crypt++, encrypt.el, PGG,
>     gpg.el, gpg-ring.el, smime.el, etc.

> That might be a good idea, assuming all the developers want to sign
> papers.  Would you like to talk with them and see?

I'm willing to do that.

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno