Re: slow make-frame + face initialization / importing x resources

From: chad brown
Subject: Re: slow make-frame + face initialization / importing x resources
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 13:10:52 -0700

I believe that the Mac carbon port, at least, reads (pseudo) X resources to deal with customization before .emacs; specifically, so that windows can be graphically configured before mapped (which can result in ugly/annoying flashing, for example).

This points at a possible rethinking of ordering for starting, configuration, and window mapping, especially in light of the extra versatility of the multi-tty branch. Of course, I'm not familiar with this part of emacs, so maybe the existing methods are already adequate, and I'm just ignorant of them. Hmm... I'll have to take a look at that again.

*chad