Re: sh.exe needed to bootstrap on Windows?

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: sh.exe needed to bootstrap on Windows?
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 01:43:11 -0700

Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:

  > or updating the :version property of that defcustom (which I don't
  > think should have been done, unless the previous :version property
  > was a mistake)

Why do you think that? The docs for :version say this:

:version
        VALUE should be a string specifying that the variable was
        first introduced, or its default value was changed, in Emacs version
VERSION.

The default value has changed, 2 new values have been added to
vc-handled-backends since 22.1: BZR and HG

(Let me remind you that the point of :version is so that the user can
do M-x customize-changed VERSION_NO RET and find out what changed in
emacs since VERSION_NO )