Re: marking using shifted arrow keys (CUA mode)

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: marking using shifted arrow keys (CUA mode)
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 13:09:08 +0200

Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:

> Unless there's objection, I will add these suggestions:
>
> - add index entry

Go ahead.

> - add hint and a cross reference in (info "(emacs)Marking Objects")

Ok with me.

And it is ok to mention cua-selection-mode too.
(It is an oversight on my part that it is missing).

> - "movement keys" -> "arrow keys"

Please don't.

With cua-(selection-)mode all keys which cause cursor movement
extends the region when pressed with SHIFT.

So "movement keys" include PgUp, PgDown, Home, End, C-f, C-b,
M-f, M->, etc. etc. etc

> (Should such doc fixes go into Emacs 22 or into the trunk?  I'd say
> Emacs 22.)

Emacs 22 (and merged to trunk).