Re: address@hidden: image-dired (tumme) database file not existing]

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: address@hidden: image-dired (tumme) database file not existing]
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 17:03:09 +0200

below is a quick patch (against the trunk).
here is a ChangeLog entry:

does this give good results?

I haven't tested the patch yet but it looks okay. I had a different
idea in mind, however:

Instead of making each function make sure a db file exist, why not
change code like this:

(find-file image-dired-db-file)

into this:

(find-file (image-dired-db-file))

And inside that new defun basically do what you did in your new function.

I did not follow very closely the recent discussions about Emacs' data
directory so I don't remember if anything useful came out of it that
could be used here.