Re: Saving the selection before killing

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Saving the selection before killing
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 11:28:04 +0200

Richard Stallman skrev:
Ok, I misunderstood the question. I though it was, "Does C-y in Emacs, just after you done something in another program, get the selection from that program?". The answer to that question is yes.

No, the question is, What fraction of the time, when you go to Emacs
and type C-y, does it get a selection from another program?

I still don't understand what you mean by "go to Emacs". Making a selection in a program is a user interaction. It is not as though some other program that I don't interract with steals the selection. So about 1% of all my C-y in Emacs yanks the selection from another program. But that is because I expect it to, I did a selection in another program before C-y.

If I interract with another program before I change to Emacs and do C-y, I'd say close to 100%.

        Jan D.