suggestion for C-s (isearch-.*) key-bindings

From: Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: suggestion for C-s (isearch-.*) key-bindings
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 16:07:51 +0200

Hi

I'm very grateful for the supplementary search string features of the
isearch-.* commands.  But I think their key-bindings
have--unfortunately--little to do with regular Emacs bindings.

I'd like to suggest the following re-bindings based on Emacs bindings
for either marking or killing or moving types.

1.)
| Key        | marking | killing | moving | type                  |
|------------+---------+---------+--------+-----------------------|
| C-M-y      | -       | C-d     | C-f    | char                  |
| C-w        | M-@     | M-d     | M-f    | word                  |
| C-y        | -       | C-k     | C-e    | line                  |
|------------+---------+---------+--------+-----------------------|
| suggestion | C-M-@   | C-M-d   | C-M-f  | sexp (sorely missing) |

I also like to plead for the inclusion of a sexp type in the
isearch-.* commands.

2.) M-y -> C-y

By the way, C-M-w is in fact unnecessary since backspace is doing the
job already.

(And above table shows also neatly that a marking command for lines
would keep Emacs in good stead, sorry I couldn't resist 8-).)

--
    Best wishes

    H. Dieter Wilhelm
    Darmstadt, Germany