Re: preprocessing Makefile

From: Alexander Klimov
Subject: Re: preprocessing Makefile
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 16:54:27 +0300 (IDT)

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007, Alexander Klimov wrote:
> I suspect that all this problems relate to GTK: I used .../soft-linux
> as prefix for emacs for a long time and the only recent change was
> that I installed new GTK into that directory. If I run configure with
> --with-x-toolkit=lucid, the c-compilation runs smoothly, and I am
> stuck while the autoloads are generated:
>
>   Generating autoloads for progmodes/ps-mode.el...done
>   Generating autoloads for ps-mule.el...
>   End of file during parsing
>   make[2]: *** [autoloads] Error 255
>   make[2]: Leaving directory `.../emacs-cvs/lisp'

I removed lisp and re-update it from cvs, now I can bootstrap emacs
with `lucid', `no', and `motif' toolkits, but not with gtk. Btw,
motif compiled, but if I try to select something from font menu, emacs
crashes with the following message:

  X protocol error: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource
  denied) on protocol request 33

--
Regards,
ASK