RE: pp-eval-expression enhancements

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: pp-eval-expression enhancements
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 13:54:40 -0700

>     > * Provides a progress message.
>     > * Does not make buffer *Pp Eval Output* read-only.
>     > * Fontifies buffer *Pp Eval Output*.
>
> Those three sound like improvements.
> (But why doesn't it fontify itself anyway,
> now that font lock is normally enabled?
> Is that a bug?)

My bad; it does. (It didn't used to.)

>     > * Inhibits emacs-lisp-mode-hook and change-major-mode-hook
>     >   when entering emacs-lisp-mode.
>
> That sounds wrong to me -- what's the motive for it?

I don't remember details, but I did it because some such hooks I used seemed
inappropriate here. For instance, I automatically add a header to a new lisp
file via `emacs-lisp-mode-hook' - the header is inappropriate for the PP
buffer.

Perhaps there is a better way to make such distinctions, and these hooks
shouldn't be disabled. I don't know.