Re: A system for localizing documentation strings

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: A system for localizing documentation strings
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 09:30:39 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Jean-Christophe Helary <address@hidden> writes:

> On 26 juil. 07, at 20:54, Kenichi Handa wrote:

>>> To offer a practical possibility for interactive localization we'd
> >
> > Could you please explain what is "interactive localization",
> > and why gettext doesn't work for it.

> gettext delivers an intermediate file (PO etc) that needs to be
> translated and then put back into the code to reach localization.

> What I mean by "interactive localization" is that the translator
> could translate, evaluate the function in which the translation
> occured and the translation would be right there.

Thank you for the explanation.  In the case of translating
labels, menus, etc, I see some merit in getting translation
instantly, but, for function/variable docstrings, I don't
understand why it's that important to get the translation
instantly by evaluating a funciton.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden