tramp no longer recognizes when remote files changed

From: Sascha Wilde
Subject: tramp no longer recognizes when remote files changed
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 10:36:32 +0200

Hi *,

when a buffer visits a file that gets changes outside of Emacs the
user is warned the next time he tries to alter the buffer in question:

  foo changed on disk; really edit the buffer? (y, n, r or C-h)

This extremely useful feature used to work with tramp and remote
files, too.  Now some time (days?) ago it stopped working, if I edit a
remote file that changed in the meantime on disk I get no warning, and
if I save the buffer all changes made outside of my Emacs session are
silently lost.

Cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde : "There are 10 types of people in the world.
             : Those who understand binary and those who don't."