Suggestion: Make emacsclient act as a new frame

From: Phillip Susi
Subject: Suggestion: Make emacsclient act as a new frame
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 16:24:54 -0400

It would be nice if at some future time emacsclient was actually interactive, functioning like a new frame on the principal emacs client, rather than just blocking while you have to tab to the principal emacs client to edit, then return. This makes quick editor jobs for things like crontab -e much more convenient because you do not have to switch windows/terminals, yet you still have the full functionality of emacs and access to your other open buffers for purposes of cut/paste and so forth.

P.S. I don't know if this list munges the reply-to header or not, so please be sure to CC me in any replies as I am not subscribed.