Re: address@hidden: modification hooks called only once in c-mode]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: modification hooks called only once in c-mode]
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 00:14:43 -0400

    One simple fix is to bind inhibit-modification-hooks in
    c-after-change.

    A deeper fix would be to make report_overlay_modification check if it
    is being called in a modification hook, and take steps to prevent
    scheduled hooks from being rubbed out.  I'm not sure this behavior is
    significantly more "correct" than the existing one, however; it may be
    better to leave it as is.

It seems to me that the cleanest kind of fix is to save the relevant
data around actually invoking the hooks.  How hard or ugly is that?