Re: Bootstrapping CVS Emacs fails with VC 2003 on Windows XP Professiona

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: Bootstrapping CVS Emacs fails with VC 2003 on Windows XP Professional
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 08:25:00 +0530

Hi,

On 8/15/07, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> "make recompile" doesn't do anything with emacs.exe, so I'm unsure
> what you are asking here.

It is just for the sake of completeness. On a default build setup
using MinGW, if I do a 'make recompile', it fails. I need to send the
extra arguments (as suggested by you) or copy the emacs.exe to the
'bin' folder. Using emacs.exe in the BLD folder by default would
ensure default call 'make recompile' succeed. IMHO, the 'recompile'
target is required in the development environment to compile the
updated lisp files.

with best regards,
dhruva

--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Contents reflect my personal views only!