Re: modification hooks called only once...

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: modification hooks called only once...
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 16:18:03 -0400

    >     ** address@hidden, 1 Aug: address@hidden: modification hooks called
only once in
    >     Fix is on the trunk: 2007-08-13 change to insdel.c by Stefan Monnier.
    >     http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2007-08/msg00457.html
    >
    > I am not convinced.  Would someone like to argue for this decision?

    What are you not convinced about: that the fix is correct, or that it
    has not been put in the branch?

That it should not be installed now.

      One way to find out is to let it sit in
    the trunk for a while to see if bugs crop up, but if you think the
    risk is low, sure, let's add it to the branch now.

I tend to think we should add it to the branch, as it cleans up a big
mess.  But I'd like to listen to the arguments against.  I just don't
consider it decided yet.