Re: Info about available CVS/Arch/Git branches

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: Info about available CVS/Arch/Git branches
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 16:09:38 +0530

Hi,

On 8/18/07, Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> wrote:
> dhruva <address@hidden> writes:
>
> >  Well, with GIT, users on windows are left high and dry...
>
> http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/WindowsInstall

I gave it a try. I executed a command "git config --global user.name
dhruva" and nothing really happened for almost 10mins. Git was
consuming 50% CPU constantly. Anyway, I will setup a virtual PC
environment with GNU/Linux running on my windows box just to use Git.
I am quite prejudiced when it comes to using CYGWIN. Thank you for the
link, I will give it a try again at a later point.

-dky

--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Contents reflect my personal views only!