Re: admin/notes/multi-tty

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: admin/notes/multi-tty
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 15:58:57 -0400

Richard Stallman wrote:

> That file, which has been moved, has a long list of bugs and possible
> problems.  Have those bugs been fixed?  If not, who is working on them?

It's my understanding that the multi-tty branch is essentially the
work of one person, Karoly Lorentey. So the only person who can
possibly answer these questions (and the other questions re multi-tty)
without a great deal of effort is him.

He seems to have put a large amount of work into the branch. I would
hope that he would have some interest in seeing it well-integrated
into Emacs. I don't understand why now he is apparently not able to do
any work at all on this. I would hope that he can at least answer
email on the subject, so I suggest addressing these questions to him.

Failing that, then there is no-one (AFAIK) who has substantially more
knowledge of multi-tty than any other Emacs developer. So all these
issues that have cropped up post-merge will have to be fixed by those
who are willing to put some work in.