Re: 23.0.50; Some modes are not enabled in subsequent frames

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; Some modes are not enabled in subsequent frames
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 23:04:21 -0400

      > (menu-bar-mode -1)

    This has changed after the multi-tty merge, I think you need instead
    to set window-system-default-frame-alist. But I am not completely sure
    about that.

menu-bar-mode is documented to affect all frames including
future frames.  Unless there is a specific reason to change it,
it should continue to do that.

Would someone please fix it to do so?

Likewise, mouse-wheel-mode should be global.

xterm-mouse-mode seems to have to be per-terminal,
because it only makes sense for some terminals.