Re: 22.1.50; function (keyboard-coding-system) doesn't consistent with v

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: 22.1.50; function (keyboard-coding-system) doesn't consistent with variable keyboard-coding-system
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 21:35:55 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> writes:

> In my system (Windows XP, cp936 locale), function
> (keyboard-coding-system) returns nil, while variable
> keyboard-coding-system has a value of "cp936", this result in that
> chinese characters can't be inputed with system input method, I have to
> add (set-keyboard-coding-system 'cp936) in my ~/.emacs to make the
> system input method work, which was not necessary some days ago.

>     I suspect that this is because of multi-tty change which was
>     installed some days ago.  Those who know about multi-tty
>     codes, please check what was broken.

> I don't think so, because the version number he gives is that of
> EMACS_22_BASE.  In multi-tty, the version number is 23.0.50.

> Please investigate this as a bug in Emacs 22.

I tested EMACS_22_BASE, before-merge-multi-tty-to-trunk,
merge-multi-tty-to-trunk, and the latest trunk on
Windows-XP.

The first two have no problem.  merge-multi-tty-to-trunk
can't be build because of compilation error.  The latest
trunk code can be build but, (keyboard-coding-system)
returns nil.

So, I still think that the problem is because of multi-tty
merging.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden