building advice

From: d.henman
Subject: building advice
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 19:57:10 +0900

I need some advise on how to test certain fixes and not have to rebuild
the whole emacs cvs tree all over...   This is very time consuming to
try build fixes...

For example, in my case, I am trying to figure out if some changes I made in
the tramp files, enables them to byte compile properly on my system.

I tried using emacs --batch tramp*.el         [with an existing emacs] and
             temacs --batch tramp*.el         [with the partially built emacs]

I am sure there are various environment variables involved in the process as
well.
For now I just make changes, distclean, and rebuild.  This takes as you all
know a long time to find out if I did anything right to at least allow a clean
compile.

Thanks,
  darel henman