Re: New start up splash screen annoyance...

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: New start up splash screen annoyance...
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 22:27:49 +0100

Richard Stallman wrote:
> I changed this because I want beginners to see the splash screen,
> and beginners often have the habit of passing a file name.

In the past, that may have been true, but now I think beginners are more
likely to start Emacs from a menu on their desktop. Especially now that
the startup screen does not disappear on the first input event,
displaying it when the user gives a filename on the command-line is
annoying, and annoying your users is not a good way to get a message across.