Re: 23.0.50; interactive-form on advised commands returns compiled advic

From: T. V. Raman
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; interactive-form on advised commands returns compiled advice
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 06:16:05 -0700

Hi Stefane,

Here is a more accurate description of the problem.

If you define an advice on a  command, and in that advice you
provide an interactive form,
then calling interactive-form later on that function ends up
returning what was created through the advice, and that turns out
to be a piece of code.

I'm hitting this because of how I end up having to advice
commands like copy-to-register --
whose interactive forms wouldn't provide speech feedback
otherwise.

Just defining plain advice on commands does not cause
interactive-form to lose -- things work correctly in that case.