Re: Problems with gtk-build / emacs-22.1.1

From: Dieter Jurzitza
Subject: Re: Problems with gtk-build / emacs-22.1.1
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 21:50:11 +0200

Dear listmembers,
I made (some ...) progress. If I start emacs like this (kde):

Alt-F2 # run program
emacs

or as readily said from within ~/.kde/Autostart/emacs :
(cat ~/.kde/Autostart/emacs)
#!/bin/sh
/usr/bin/emacs --iconic &

I can repetitively crash emacs by the first gnuclient <filename> call.

In contrast, if I start emacs from within ~/.kde/Autostart/emacs "through" a
xterm :
(cat ~/.kde/Autostart/emacs)
#!/bin/sh
xterm -iconic -e "/usr/bin/emacs --iconic &"

it is working just fine, the call

gnuclient <filename>

does what it is expected to do: open file <filename> within an emacs buffer.
So, I have a plaster for the problem but hardly understand what is going on.

If anyone has any further ideas on this ....

Thanks again,
take care

Dieter Jurzitza

                                \

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)