Re: shell-resync-dirs changes my cursor position

From: Davis Herring
Subject: Re: shell-resync-dirs changes my cursor position
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 17:36:03 -0700 (PDT)

> Is there a clean, simple way of writing it with save-excursion?
> If that way won't work, then there needs to be a comment explaining
> why it won't -- why the extra complexity is needed.

I didn't think there was, because point needs to be restored to a
different location in the buffer (after more output from the process), but
minimal testing seems to suggest that it works because the original text
is left in the buffer (just with more inserted before it).  OP, if you
don't know what we mean, just ask me off-list.

Davis

shipping.