Re: 23.0.50; frozen frame after C-x 5 0

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; frozen frame after C-x 5 0
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 17:35:06 +0200

You should run gdb on emacs, not emacsclient.  See etc/DEBUG for useful tips.

        Jan D.

Tassilo Horn skrev:

First, here's a simpler command line to reproduce my problem:

  emacs -nw -f server-start

to start the server (it's important that the server is no X emacs here)
followed by

  emacsclient

to open a new X frame.

Tassilo, could you try debugging it with GDB?
You could see what C-x 5 0 actually does when you run it.
Why doesn't it delete the frame, as it should?

Now I did

  $ gdb /usr/bin/emacsclient
  (gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/bin/emacsclient Waiting for Emacs...

which opened an X frame.  Then I tried closing the frame with `C-x 5 0',
but the frame didn't disappear.  Nevertheless in gdb I got the message

  Program exited normally.