Splash-screen

From: Kristján Jónasson
Subject: Splash-screen
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 20:05:59 +0000

Hello emacs-devel!

I happen to be a returning emacs user, and so I downloaded the brand new Emacs 23.0.0.1, and I must agree with most of the views of the ongoing discussion, that the splash screen is very confusing. I was almost sure it was a bug and Emacs somehow wasn't noticing my file name on the command line until I googled my way to the ongoing duscussion, and came across RS's explanation:

"I changed this because I want beginners to see the splash screen,
and beginners often have the habit of passing a file name".

Best,
Kristján Jónasson
University of Iceland