Re: gdba locals buffer does not show function arguments

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: gdba locals buffer does not show function arguments
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 23:16:03 +1200

 > I was debugging using gdba today and found that the "locals" buffer
 > does not show the arguments to the current function.

Yes, but they are shown in the stack buffer with their value (although the type
isn't given).  This is due to the underlyng GDB CLI command "info stack".  The
"locals" buffer currently uses the output of "info locals".  The output of
"info args" could also be used but that would result in duplication.

 > I expected it to show both the local variables and the function
 > arguments.

Eventually Emacs will use GDB/MI instead of annotations. The GDB/MI commands
"-stack-list-locals", "-stack-list-arguments" and "-stack-list-frames"
will allow the arguments to be shown in the locals buffer and not the
stack buffer.