Re: New start up splash screen annoyance...

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: New start up splash screen annoyance...
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 17:03:40 +0100

On 26 Sep 2007, at 15:59, Drew Adams wrote:

Sorry for misunderstanding. I didn't realize that some tooltip mentioned
"left click". Yes, to be consistent it would say "click `mouse-1'".
(Complete consistency is not the only goal, of course.)

Only a hypothetical tooltip. I suggested to use "click" or "left click", actually, and what may have fooled you is that I agreed that the inconsistency is a problem for my own suggestion. I maintain that "left click" would be more natural even if wrong in very rare cases where users re-map this somewhere else, but I concede it would also have to be consistent with the rest of the documentation. Maybe we'll just respectfully disagree - the discussion won't bring up anything new!