Re: scroll-conservatively default

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: scroll-conservatively default
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 12:01:15 +0900

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
> I'm not sure I understand what you mean, but if I do, you can, of
> course, have this in Emacs.  I have the following keybindings in my
> .emacs since about forever:
>
>   (global-set-key "\C-z" (function (lambda () (interactive) (scroll-up 1))))
>   (global-set-key "\M-z" (function (lambda () (interactive) (scroll-down 1))))

Yeah, I use C-z and C-q for the same purpose (these bindings are what
the ez editor used).  C-z at least, seems somewhat common in this role.

[The C-q binding is convenient to use, but tends to cause problems
because of the degree to which the default binding of C-q ("quote
character") is embedded in emacs...]

-Miles
--
"Nah, there's no bigger atheist than me.  Well, I take that back.
I'm a cancer screening away from going agnostic and a biopsy away