Re: address@hidden: Several problems in KDE/KWin]

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Several problems in KDE/KWin]
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 18:57:08 +0100

>   Emacs does not un-maximize in KDE/KWin

[...]

> After maximizing an emacs window, it is not possible to un-maximise it.
> It may depend on font size and desktop geometry.  I have these in
> Xresources:
>  Emacs.font:     10x20
>  Emacs.geometry: 80x38
>  Size of desktop is 1400x1050.
> The symptom is that after maximizing, the "maximize/un-maximize" button stays
> in the "maximize" state (one square), intead of going to the "un-maximize"
> state (two squares).

I think the problem is that Emacs cannot be resized stepless, but only
in steps of columns and lines depending on the size of the used font.
So if Emacs is maximized in KDE it's most probably not as big as the
usable space of the desktop is.  I'm not sure, but I think because of
that kwin thinks it's not maximized.

Bye,
Tassilo