Re: assertion failed: c == event->code

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: assertion failed: c == event->code
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 16:37:37 +0000

Juanma Barranquero wrote:
> I can type C-º, C-ª, C-¿, C-¡, C-ñ, C-Ñ, C-ç, C-Ç.

OK, I see the code in keyboard.c tries to handle ISO controls (with the
top bit set). Since the keyboard coding system is cp1252, the ISO
control codes get translated into the characters you are seeing. This
doesn't explain why the eassert is triggering though, as the original
characters are within the expected range (0-0xff).