Re: Looking for a new Emacs maintainer or team

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: Looking for a new Emacs maintainer or team
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 09:14:39 -0800

  > Once Emacs 22 is released, I would like to hand over Emacs maintenance
  > to one person or a small team.  The new maintainer or maintainers
  > would take responsibility for making sure new releases are made and
  > that they are reliable, and for focusing attention on priority
  > projects for improvement.

Is this still the plan?  Last time this was discussed on the list many
very capable volunteers were found.

Wouldn't it be better for Emacs to do this sooner rather than later?

Is there anything that the Emacs contributors can do to help this
process? (Other than put in on their 2008 wishlists :-)

Thanks.