Re: [Fwd: Frame Height Different for Default Frame and Additional Frames

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Frame Height Different for Default Frame and Additional Frames]
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 12:22:47 +0100

martin rudalics skrev:
>>     What I wanted to express above is that my initial Emacs frame has
>>     the same height regardless of whether I have toolbars enabled or
>>     not.
>>
>> That is a different issue than RMS was dealing  with.  As far as I
>> understand, he was concerned with the number of lines of text.
>
> Apparently for Gtk+ users the height changes but the number of visible
> lines remains the same when toggling `tool-bar-mode'.  For native
> toolbar users the height remains the same and the number of visible
> lines changes.  I reported this only to explain the behavior of Emacs
> with native toolbars as seen here.

Yes this is one of many symptoms of bugs in the Emacs-Gtk+ resize code.  Is is
mainly due to my misunderstanding of both Gtk+ resize handling and Emacs
resize handling.  This time two wrongs did not make one right :-).

I'm working on it, but there are still some time before I can check something
in.

        Jan D.