Re: removing support for old platforms

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: removing support for old platforms
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 16:50:53 +0200

> From: Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 00:43:35 -0800
>
> The MSDOS platform still has some interesting code that we might want to
> reuse: it has real menus in text mode, that functionality would be good
> to have at some point in the future for terminals.
> Eli, how do you wan to handle this?

I'd prefer that the support for the MSDOS port not be removed until I
decide to stop working on it altogether.  After all, apart of the
msdos/ subdirectory, which can hardly be a nuisance to anyone, the
MSDOS support boils down to:

  . 5 DOS-specific C files
  . several __MSDOS__/__DJGPP__ cpp directives scattered through the
    common sources.

That doesn't seem too much.