Re: 23.0.50; dbus

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; dbus
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 16:25:32 +0100

Am 03.01.2008 um 13:28 schrieb Jan Djärv:

Michael Albinus skrev:
Stefan Monnier writes:
Yes. But I still don't know what to do in the MacOS case, where tons of compiler warnings are raised due to the signedness of the SDATA return value. Peter has shown it in a recent message. Shall we always cast the type like "strlen ((char *) SDATA (uname))"? This would affect much more
files but dbusbind.c.
Use the -Wno-sign (or whatever its name is) to disable those warnings.
"-Wno-pointer-sign" shall be good for I guess. It is enabled by default
in configure, when the compiler supports it.

But only if you don't specify your own CFLAGS to configure.

Adding -Wno-pointer-sign to my CFLAGS set removes most of the warnings, no-one left for D-Bus!

--
Greetings

  Pete

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.