Re: Simple Tasks, new TODO category

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: Simple Tasks, new TODO category
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 12:51:41 -0800

Yoni Rabkin <address@hidden> writes:

  > Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:
  >
  > > I created a new category in etc/TODO: "Simple Tasks". The idea is to
  > > put there issues that we know need fixing, and don't require too much
  > > expertise.
  >
  > How is this different from the "Small but important fixes needed in
  > existing features" category in the same file? To make my question
  > clearer,
  >
  > I'm wondering what the difference is between "small" and "simple" here
  > since in my opinion, if a change requires a lot of knowledge it should
  > probably not be called "small" even if it results in only a few lines of
  > code.

The entries in the "Small fix" category, even though they are small
(probably require a very small number of lines of code to change), most
of them require a quite high understanding of the code+concepts
involved.

The explanation for "Simple Tasks" states that they "don't require much
emacs knowledge".

If you think anything here is unclear, please propose a better
wording. I don't want this to degenerate in a long long thread on
semantic differences.