Re: w32 issues

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: w32 issues
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 22:30:34 +0200

> Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 21:04:24 +0100
> From: "Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
>  address@hidden
>
> I do not think it is enough just put something like that in the manual.
> Instead I think the user should be warned when they try to print because
> at that moment they can loose unsaved work if Emacs hangs completely.

As I said when we discussed this, I don't like the idea of warning,
unless it also offers to save all unsaved buffers.

I'd prefer that we try to detect the problematic situation and tell
the user she could be in trouble only if we find that to be the case.
That is IMO what the TODO item should say.

> Any user that tries to print in Emacs on w32 have a big chance for
> trouble.

I don't agree with this assertion.