Re: Using windows keys for Emacs META on w32

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Using windows keys for Emacs META on w32
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 21:48:08 +0000

Juanma Barranquero wrote:
I must say, though, that it seems too complicate a patch for such a
small benefit. Or I don't understand what you're trying to do (that's
another distinct possibility :)

That was a previous objection when we were preparing to release Emacs 22.1. Now we have time to sort out any breakage that complexity might bring, so I'm not so worried about that. The complexity is necessary because Windows makes it hard to wrestle back control over a few keybindings from Windows itself. The current patch may look more complex than it really is because of the "rough state", which consists of commented out debugging code, much of which seems unrelated to the keyboard changes.