Re: 23.0.50; Deleting files in wdired does not work

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; Deleting files in wdired does not work
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 14:17:21 +0100

> The following works for me, assuming (wdired-get-filename t)
> ought to return "" rather than nil on a deleted filename:

Looks good, thank you.  I think this ought to return "" here because nil
should be reserved for `wdired-get-filename' was not able to figure out
the user's intentions from the text it found there.  And marking a file
for deletion is a fairly dangerous undertaking.

If no one objects I'll install this in Emacs 22.2 in a couple of days.

Meanwhile you could do two things:

- Use

  (string-equal (wdired-get-filename t) "")

  instead of

  (zerop (length (wdired-get-filename t)))

  because the latter will return t when `wdired-get-filename' returns nil.

- Add a couple of comments documenting what was wrong and what you have
  done to fix it.

Thanks again.