Re: autoconf bcopy and bzero

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: autoconf bcopy and bzero
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 12:23:39 -0700

>> One way to get rid of the warning is to '#undef bcopy' before defining
>> it.  Alternatively, the code could read:
>>
>> #if !defined HAVE_BCOPY && !defined bcopy
>> #define bcopy(a,b,s) memcpy (b,a,s)
>> #endif

Dan> That's the obvious think to do, but is it correct?

I don't think there is a really correct answer.  IMO these can't hurt,
and they should always give a working result.  For things I maintain,
that would be good enough; I don't know what the Emacs approach is
here.

Using bcopy et al is a bit funny.  Most other projects I follow moved
to the mem* functions years ago.  This is very minor, though, I
suppose.

Tom