Re: GNU Project [was: Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: GNU Project [was: Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like]
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 16:32:50 -0500

     > We should be designing them both to work well together.  For instance,
     > the GDB developers should pay attention to what your Emacs work needs.

    Yes, but that much would be true for any other free software project
    like kdevelop or cgdb.

Those programs are other projects, not part of our project.  It is
good to help them when possible, but GNU packages get special priority.

    From reading http://www.gnu.org/help/evaluation.html
    it seems to basically imply availability ftp.gnu.org on and consistency in
    coding, documentation and licencing.

Those are some of the specific practical conditions and requirements,
but don't neglect the forest for the trees.  Those specific practical
points are aspects of being part of one larger project.