Re: chinese character displayed as hollow box in Emacs 22.1.90

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: chinese character displayed as hollow box in Emacs 22.1.90
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 16:41:31 +0000

Zhang Wei wrote:
> Something must be changed since the release of emacs 22.1, now Emacs
> 22.1.90 can't find a font to display chinese characters on windows xp,
> as with the chinese character "δΈ­", C-u C-x = gives:

Does this happen if you start emacs as "emacs -Q"?

The following change may have had an effect if you explicitly specify
fontsets in your .emacs, since the charset part of font names may have
changed slightly. I'll review the change and revert any changes that are
not backwards compatible and are not strictly necessary to fix the
default fontset case.

2007-11-10 Jason Rumney <address@hidden>

* w32-fns.el: Sync charset names with setup-default-fontset.
Append "-1" where second part missing.

* term/w32-win.el: Enable SJIS fonts before creating any fontsets.